Saturday, April 2, 2011

'Shop Talk' page 13 of the Melbourne Sunday Age M magazine April 3rd 2011

Ok our shop must be the smallest shop in the whole world, but we're packing a punch!


Today we've got a mention in 'Shop talk' in the Sunday Age M magazine. Our shop is and I quote ' A "curious range" of quirky and stylish homewares and art.'  I'm so happy, to think that someone would write such cool things about stuff that Clair and I design. I'm smiling big, as write this.


Here's a quick photo I took of the article.



The print featured is call 'Colour Makes Me Smile' 

I print stuff that hopefully people like enough to pay money for, put in their house or wear,
and I really like to use colour. It made me think that there are alot of people out there that can't
afford to buy cool designs for their home or wear designer labels. I thought that if I lived in a council tower block, maybe the only colour I'd see would be what was free in nature. So the print is of 2 stark, dull and grey tower blocks, with pops of colour that represent the free colour in nature.



Finally 'Tony' has made it into Curio & Curio, and has got quite a reaction, which is always good.

More coming soon....


No comments: