Tuesday, April 5, 2011

'Camp Stories' a new print by Two Ruffians

I was sitting a little bored in the shop on Sunday, so I went on Facebook and had a look at some of my friends friends. Ok I was really, really bored, as Flinders was bit quiet on Sunday. I came across this guy who I thought looked a lot like 'Kenneth Williams' a camp actor from the 'Carry On' movies.


I started to draw and one thing let to another, and I came up with 'Camp Stories' my subject is eating a cake and his hand looks massive, due to the angle of the photo, but I thought this was brilliant. The photo was a shoulder and head shot, probably taken in London, a million miles away from the countryside.


I just decided to stick this bloke in a field, on a stool, wrapped in a fleece blanket on the side of the Brecon Beacons in Wales. He just looks like he's mesmerized by the camp fire stories, eating his iced bun, a million miles away from the fast paced city life. 


We all need to escape and relax now and again.


Below is a photo of Kenneth Williams.


Here's my new print 'Camp Stories'


More coming soon....

No comments: