Monday, April 25, 2011

Fred & Dickens 2 new prints from Two Ruffians

It's been a massive Easter in our shop 'Curio & Curio' in Flinders. Not only have people been buying up our designs, but it's been a huge boost. We had one lady from Sydney in the shop yesterday who said she'd been looking for cushion designs she liked, for 10 years. She bought 6 cushions and a t-shirt, and over the last 4 days we've sold 22 of our cushion designs, and it's been pretty much the same story. 


Anyway enough of me blowing my own trumpet. Mark the owner of 4M next door has a 3 year old called Fred. I took a photo of him the other morning and decided to turn him in to a proper little Ruffian.


Below are the photo, drawing, design and framed print.


Fred by Two Ruffians




I had a friend back home called Jeremy. He was a Brixton lad. One day I told him how I was up in the Cotswolds ( Countryside ) on my bike when I saw these young cows that looked thirsty, so I give them a drink from my water bottle. 

Dickens (Jeremy's nick name) was like ' Raaaaaaa! that's disgusting man, cows are a scary.' I don't think Jeremy had ever seen a cow up close before. So the print below is of an inner city kid who goes the country for the day, and gets his souvenir photo sitting on a cow.

Dickens by Two Ruffians




No comments: