Monday, December 13, 2010

Home Beautiful Style feature on MEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ok for those of you that don't know, I'm a self taught designer. I have taught myself over the last 3 years to use a pencil with paper, feed it into an Apple Mac, print the design onto transparent film, expose a silk screen, print the design, design my own website and Home Beautiful have just done a 3 page style feature on me.


It feels amazing! it really does.


on page 34 of the mag is a feature on Abi from 'Third Drawer Down' and it's hilarious! 


I remember returning a tea towel 'Oh Deer' that we'd had stretched and featured in a photo shoot. I remember returning it to their place in St Kilda, and I just happen to be wearing my very first t-shirt design. I walked in and they were a few people milling around, I thanked Abi for the loan of the tea towel, and she started to tell me how she was going off to New York to do a trade fare. I remember think that that was a light years away for me, but just as I was leaving she commented on my t-shirt and said she liked the design.


3 people commented on my t-shirt that day, and I haven't stopped.


So to find myself 3 years later, being featured in the same magazine is a great feeling.


Here's the feature...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it Nick! Congratulations to a very nice guy.

Anonymous said...

PS. AND deserving!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS NICK!! YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!! WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU! Karin & Mike

Kristan Roberts said...

I discovered you in the HB feature Nick! Very impressive. I am a new blogger, and have blogged my fave picks from your creations today.
Love your work!
Kristan

Anonymous said...

Well done Nick.

PS. I'm very taken with your green woven stool in the HB shoot - is from somewhere in AUS by any chance??

Jackie said...

hi, I just opened my home beautiful from december. Im only a few months late but loved reading your article. I have been a bit short of inspiration lately but feeling all pepped up now. Thanks. Jackie