Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Dog Jack, The New Shop, and Soft Toys

Well it's been a while since I had time to sit down and write about what I've been up to, and I know it shouldn't take me long, but I really have been busy.


Jack my trusted right hand Border Collie and Jail breaker, has had to go and have an operation today. While giving him a good scratch under his leg I felt a lump, so took him to the Vets yesterday, and today his in getting it removed. When he was a puppy he went to get desexed, but they couldn't find one of his balls. They searched and searched for hours, and what should have been a straight forward op, had to be aborted as one of his testicles was nowhere to be found.


Finally it looks like a we've found it or rather it's found us, like a treasure chest that's just bobbed to the surface, in the form of a slightly larger than normal lump. So if you read this blog, please send a good healing thought to my dog Jack, so that I get him back in piece.


Thanks!


Clair and I are soon to be opening a small shop called 'Curio & Curio' in Flinders on the Mornington Peninsula. It'll be full of our designs plus, some ceramics. I finished designing the decals for the front windows yesterday, and today I'm finishing the flyers, cards and receipt books. All being well with jack and I'll be down at the end of the week to paint and start putting it all together.


I've designed some new soft toys for the shop and website, which I'll be printing once I've finished this, see what you think below.


Bye for now and keep your fingers crossed for jack.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my dear friends from afar.
I'm so glad they found Jack's long lost testicle... I hope it is removed safely and Jack with be back with you guys to help you decorate and work in your new boutique!!! So happy for you both.
love to you all...
Diane x

Anonymous said...

How's ol'Jack doing now Nick? Fancy finding that thing NOW! Does that mean he hasn't been sterile all this time? He could be a daddy doggy. Hope he's OK.

I see the shop opens next week. How exciting for you and Clair. Hope it all goes well for you and that you sell heaps and heaps!

I shut my blog down - a strange, instantaneous thought to do so came over me. I feel oddly free. A bit disconnected, but free never-the-less.

Catch ya round,

Penny