Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Colour Makes Me Smile

I was on the train yesterday morning on my way into the studio. I passed the usual tower blocks as we got closer to the city, it got me thinking. Here I am designing prints for clothing and home wares, yet I'm sure some of the residents of the housing estates having never given any thought to what colours best match their existing colour schemes, when updating their interior decor.


I wondered if the colour in nature which is free to everyone that can see, has the same positive effect on the poorest to the richest person. An elderly neighbour of mine popped around the other day. She noticed the yellow daisies and picked a couple to show me how she used to make daisy chains. What if there was no colour in nature, would it effect our moods? if the world was a grey round ball.


So look the prints below, and ask yourself this. Would you prefer the design with the colourful elements or without?


'Colour Makes Me Smile'







No comments: