Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How to make a Pin Cushion by Two Ruffians

I'm constantly looking at Pins with their colour round ends, when I'm sewing up stuff. So yesterday morning I designed Two Ruffians 'Pin Cushion'. It was a bit last min, as I'm in the process of finishing my wholesale PDFs, but I just had to design and make it.


Here's how I designed and made the Pin Cushion


1) draw Pins, scan the drawing into photoshop, trace in Illustrator and print transparency, ready to expose.
2) Expose Silk Screen
3) Print first colour on cushion square and tea towel
4) Print 2nd colour
5) Print 3rd colour
6) Sew up cushion
7) Finished Pin Cushion
It took less than a day for me to turn an idea into a product. Now all I have to hope for is than
the general public like my bright style! and my new Two Ruffians 'Pin Cushion'

No comments: